Child Abuse Awareness
Safeguarding children is everybody's business
The course will be particularly useful to:
- Anyone working with children and young people in the community
- Members of community organisations supporting parents, carers and families
- Support staff and volunteers
- Professional staff, workers and volunteers in charities
- Childminders and workers in play groups, day nurseries and family centres
- Anyone working with children
Abuse comes in many forms, including verbal, physical or sexual.
The course gives students an insight into the different types of abuse, how to spot signs of abuse, how to report suspected abuse and to who.